Re: [exim] Detecting the domain part of a host address

Página Inicial
Autor: Ian Eiloart
Para: John Burnham, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Detecting the domain part of a host address

--On 25 June 2007 16:53:21 +0100 John Burnham <jpb15@???> wrote:

>> I guess it must be quite frustrating to keep getting told
>> that he doesn't
>> really want to know the answer to his question. I expect he
>> does, but all
>> he's had so far is some reasons (perfectly good ones) why
>> what he's trying
>> to do might not be so simple.
>>
> And that's an excuse for rudeness when requesting help from an entirely
> voluntary mailing list ?

It's a reason, not an excuse. There's no excuse for rudeness when
requesting help from anyone, really, volunteer or not.

However, if we all want to see Exim (and open source in general) to be
useful, then it behooves us to be as helpful as we can to people who want
help with it. Otherwise, Microsoft and the like can legitimately say that
there's nowhere good to get help.

I know that people regard Marc as a nuisance because he's clearly not a
genius when it comes to programming, but he does make some useful
contributions of concepts to this list.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex