Re: [exim] lsearch question

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Chris Lear
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] lsearch question
Marc Perkel wrote:

> Peter Bowyer wrote:
>> On 22/06/07, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
>>

>>> Thanks in advance for not saying RTFM

You're welcome.

>> Sorry, Marc, that's an unacceptable approach. If the answer to your
>> question is in the docs, you *will* be referred there. Please don't
>> expect list members to do elementary research for you.
>>

> The docs on searching could use a LOT of work.

To test this theory, I've done a LOT of work on the docs. OK, a little
under 5 minutes' work, but it seemed like a lot to me. Here's my diary
entry...

I opened a file called spec.txt, searched for the string 'lsearch', and
found that it doesn't do what's wanted (lsearch just searches for keys,
not regular expressions). So I looked to see whether there are other
types of search... et voila, there are! It seems there's even one
designed to do exactly what's wanted.

Where to look is Chapter 9.3 Single-key lookup types

Thanks in advance for not saying "please write my config file for me".

Chris