Re: [exim] automatic whitelist generation - a less grandiose…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Marc Perkel
To: Dave Lugo
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] automatic whitelist generation - a less grandiose idea

Dave Lugo wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jun 2007, Marc Perkel wrote:
>
>> Trying to understand what you are asking for. Is the idea that if person
>> 1 emails person 2 then if person 2 replies to person 1 then that is
>> considered whitelisted?
>>

> Yup.
>

>> That's an interesting idea. Could that be done with the ratelimit logic
>> where you create a custom key?
>>

> I honestly don't know, as I haven't looked at the ratelimit
> stuff in any depth.

It might work. Normally ratelimiting assumes that the sender IP is the
key but you could specify anything, including your to/from pair. So
sending email creates the pair and establishes a count. Then incoming
email is tested (but not incremented) against this pair and if it is > 0
then it's blessed. You could set the time limits to a few days and that
will allow data to automagically expire.