Re: [exim] lsearch question

Autor: David S. Madole
A: 'exim users'
Assumpte: Re: [exim] lsearch question
> From Marc Perkel on Friday, June 22, 2007 11:39 AM
> Peter Bowyer wrote:
> > On 22/06/07, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks in advance for not saying RTFM
> >
> > Sorry, Marc, that's an unacceptable approach. If the answer to your
> > question is in the docs, you *will* be referred there. Please don't
> > expect list members to do elementary research for you.
>
> The docs on searching could use a LOT of work.

I can't possibly agree.

I think Exim is the very model of documentation of any freely-available or commercial software package. Everything is in there, it's well organized, and has useful examples where needed. It is a real joy to use.

That said, it is admittedly written to the level of a person that should be administering an Internet email server. It is not an entry-level product, and so does not have entry-level documentation. I'm not sure there should be an entry-level MTA.

The only complaint I could possibly have is that I miss the index format from the 4.5 and older documentation.

David