Re: [exim] Fw: Relaying denied. Proper authentication requi…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Mike Cardwell
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Fw: Relaying denied. Proper authentication required
Christopher Glanville wrote:
> Thankyou for that, I missed that i was supposed to have both of them. Sorry
> to be a real newbie but can you please point me in the right direction with
> this one:
>
>>> authentication required but no common mechanisms were found
>
> I Guess that I have got to tell exim to use the authenticator:
>
> cram_md5_login:
>         driver = cram_md5
>         public_name = CRAM-MD5
>         client_name = username
>         client_secret = password
>         server_advertise_condition = ${if eq{$tls_cipher}{}{no}{yes}}
>         server_secret =
> ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/exim/passwd.client}{$value}fail}
>         server_set_id = $1

> I have tried to look this up but couldn't find it anywhere,
> Thanks de Chris G

This means your ISPs server does not support that authentication method.
You should try the plain text login authenticator changes that I
suggested in my original response. It's not insecure as you set it so
tls is required.

If you telnet to their server on port 25 and issue a EHLO it will tell
you the supported mechanisms. You'll see something along the lines of:

250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN

This service supports PLAIN and LOGIN methods, but not CRAM-MD5.

Mike