Re: [exim] Fw: Relaying denied. Proper authentication requi…

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Fw: Relaying denied. Proper authentication required
On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 21:55 +1000, Christopher Glanville wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, but it is still not working. I have the following in
> exim.conf
>
>  remote_smtp_smarthost:
>         debug_print = "T: remote_smtp_smarthost for $local_part@$domain"
>         driver = manualroute
>         domains = *
>         transport = remote_smtp
>         route_data = "isp.mail.smtp.server"

> remote_smtp:
> driver = smtp
> hosts_require_tls = isp.mail.smtp.server

You've missed the most important bit of Mike's previous reply:

"First of all you need to update your remote_smtp transport to tell it
to use authentication when connecting to smtp.server.isp.com. Add this:

hosts_require_auth = smtp.server.isp.com"

That tells it to authenticate every time; you only put in the section
telling it to use TLS every time.

Graeme