Re: [exim] Add a filter to Exim

Author: Michael Sprague
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Add a filter to Exim
On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 06:07:16PM +0200, Sébastien CARRE wrote:
> Hello Michael,
>
> Thanks for you're reply... I tested it on my server this morning.
>
> Exim runs without any problem with the Filter, but I don't see anything
> in my /var/exim/archive/today directory...
>
> According to you're reply, I will get a Maildir in this directory that
> stores the mails, so I created a mail structure directory with the
> maildirmake command, but the directory is still empty.
>
> Thanks for u're reply.

Hi Sebastien,

What do the logs say?

In the filter file itself, there must be a trailing slash (/) after
today. That tells exim that you want to use maildir format. Without
the slash it will mbox format. Also, make sure that the exim user
(Debian-exim on Debian) can write to this directory tree.

thanks,
mikeS

--
Michael F. Sprague     | mfs@???