Re: [exim] Problem with exim and vexim

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Mike Barnard
To: Martin Justra
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Problem with exim and vexim
On 6/19/07, Martin Justra <m.justra@???> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have 2 major problems with exim.

well...ideally one problem is exim and the other is vexim.

The first one is that I get many entrys to my panic log. These entrys
> are all similar and look like that:
>
> 2007-06-19 08:47:58 1Hxpfh-0004RB-VB Failed to find group "" from
> expanded string "${lookup mysql{select users.uid from users,domains
> where localpart = '${quote_mysql:$local_part}' and domain =
> '${quote_mysql:$domain}' and users.domain_id = domains.domain_id}}" for
> the virtual_delivery transport

look at your sql string and make sure it is looking at fields that exist in
the database, also make sure that the database does have this result....you
can try and manually run the sql statement filled in with the correct values
for the person its failing for. also try to test delivery to this account
and take a look at the output.....

exim -d -bt user@???

will give you details of what happens and you can check where it fails. (you
can use -d+all to give you more details) (man exim)

The secons one is that after 1 week of service I get a meesage that too
> many SMTP-Connections are open and the exim4 SMTP refuses to work. If I
> restart exim4 that does not help. I have to reboot the whole server to
> get it working again.

you definitely have too many connections. check your log files to see why
that is the case may be a virus/worm going through you, may be legitimate
connections are more than what you set your maximum connections to be.

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.