Re: [exim] Max messages per SMTP connection

Góra strony
Autor: David S. Madole
Dla: 'James Price', 'exim-users@exim.org'
Temat: Re: [exim] Max messages per SMTP connection
> From James Price on Monday, June 18, 2007 11:23 AM
>
> I'm seeing these errors in my logs:
> no immediate delivery: more than 10 messages received in one
> connection
>
> I have what I thought was the correct setting to alleviate
> this problem:
> smtp_accept_max_per_connection = 1000

That's not an error -- it's just a notification of what Exim is doing. That behavior is designed in for a reason and you might want to consider the benefits of it before killing it. In particular, it prevents a burst in system load caused by kicking off a lot of delivery processes all at once.

That said, take a look at the smtp_accept_queue configuration option to change the threshold.

You might also look at the log_selector option if it's just the message and not the behavior that is bothering you.

David