Re: [exim] Ratelimit Tricks - Using ratelimit without limiti…

Góra strony
Autor: Graeme Fowler
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Ratelimit Tricks - Using ratelimit without limitingtherate
On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 08:01 -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
> There you go again. The answer isn't in the docs because I don't want to
> set the rate limit to 0. I want to detect a rate and return it into a
> variable that I can use in another ACL. It helps if you read the
> question before giving me the RTFM answer that you always reply with.

There I go again, yes. From TFM:

40.34 Rate limiting senders

The ratelimit ACL condition can be used to measure and control the
rate at which clients can send email.

That's "measure and control". The key word here is "measure".

If you use, in your ACL, a "warn" statement where the current rate is
compared to a rate of 0, then - as if by magic - all the variables that
the rate limiting code utilises will get populated with data. If you
don't put any "ratelimit =" statements in, they remain empty.

If you don't want to do any rate limiting, use a rate of 0 and a period
defined by you, in a "warn" statement, and then use the variables
afterwards.

There is an *actual example of this* in TFM (as you put it). Asking
whether anyone has "figured out a way to do this yet" is simply showing
that you either haven't looked, or you have looked and not understood.

Graeme