Re: [exim] Innovative Host Blacklisting Idea

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Dean Brooks
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Innovative Host Blacklisting Idea
On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 08:08:42AM -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:

> For that to happen all my servers would have to fail. And one of those
> servers is the one counting the bogus MX hits so if my lowest MX is down
> so is the spam trap so I don't think false positives is going to be an
> issue.

Your server doesn't have to be down for other MTAs to connect to your
higher MX. Simply having a message be given a deferral (4xx) return
code, or to have an unusually long delay, is sometimes all that is
necessary.

Just giving you some advice from someone who has some experience in
this sort of thing. Ignore it if you want, <shrug>.

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???