Re: [exim] rewrites.

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Post Exim
Oggetto: Re: [exim] rewrites.

On 13 Jun 2007, at 04:34, Shine, Gary wrote:

> We need a rewrite on the senders address.
>
> Example uses
> carz.com (local domain to user who has a groupwise system)

how can this be a local domain? it has whois (Gary Snyder) and MX
(mail.carz.com)

> Carz2.com (remote domain to user to mail actually leaves their
> building to
> us)

this instead does not exist, so it cannot be a "remote" domain (and I
do not understand what you wrote in parentesis anyway!)

> Problem:
> When the user sends an e-mail to an internal user on the groupwise
> system we
> do not get it (and we need a copy of it), so we have the users send
> a copy
> to carz2.com which works and they get a copy back (the remote exim
> server
> copies it back using an alias) plus we get our copy, BUT if the
> users reply
> to that e-mail the reply to address will be the internal address
> and hence
> we would not get a copy of the reply or subsequent replies.

Hard to understand, perhaps *that* is the problem.
Why are you not using the public ("remote") domain in the first
place, as it seems that internal users do not work anyway for your
purpose? You could have exim do the copying to the groupwise system
(whatever that is) if you want e-mails to be copied there. Perhaps
the problem is that your users are accessing e-mail via some
groupware client? Can this groupware client be configured to use the
exim server and the associated public user address?

> When exim gets the first mail to the carz2.com address we use the
> pop3.aliases file to send a copy back to the users:
> i.e in pop3.aliases
> fred@???    fred@???

another two domains?? And again one true and one false..
and what is this pop3.aliases? You just mean an ordinary alias file I
guess.

[...]
> This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept
> by Netlink Solutions MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

ah, MINESweeper, that's a good antivirus indeed...