[exim] Can Exim filter 'quoted-printable' section of emails?…

Author: Anthony Honeyfield
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Can Exim filter 'quoted-printable' section of emails? - Revised
#000-

Hi,

We have written a filter that scans the content of an outgoing email looking
for a user-entered job code, in the format #000-

If the job code exists, the email is sent. If not, it is bounced back to
the sender.

We are now communicating with Chinese companies, and have found that emails
we write in Chinese fail the filter test, even if the job code is included.
I suspect that Exim is not reading the message text in a 'quoted-printable'
section of an email.

The key differences between the Chinese and English emails appear to be:

Chinese email:

       charset="gb2312"

English email:

       charset="us-ascii"

Our filter contains the following line to test for the job number:

if $message_body does not match "(?:#[0-9]{3}-)"

Anybody know what might be happening?

Thanks!

(note: I have resent this email without the legal footnote, to avoid
offending list users).