[exim] rewrites.

Author: Shine, Gary
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] rewrites.
We need a rewrite on the senders address.

Example uses
carz.com (local domain to user who has a groupwise system)
Carz2.com (remote domain to user to mail actually leaves their building to
us)

Problem:
When the user sends an e-mail to an internal user on the groupwise system we
do not get it (and we need a copy of it), so we have the users send a copy
to carz2.com which works and they get a copy back (the remote exim server
copies it back using an alias) plus we get our copy, BUT if the users reply
to that e-mail the reply to address will be the internal address and hence
we would not get a copy of the reply or subsequent replies.

When exim gets the first mail to the carz2.com address we use the
pop3.aliases file to send a copy back to the users:
i.e in pop3.aliases
fred@???    fred@???

When the mail is received the sender is set to be fred@??? and the to
is still fred@??? but the mail has a Bc: of fred@???

This is OK, but I would like the sender address to be altered to be
fred@??? so if they reply to the e-mail we would again get our copy.

Can this be done.
Gary

the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by Netlink Solutions MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

www.netlink.info