Re: [exim] dovecot authenticator

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] dovecot authenticator
On Tuesday 12 June 2007 21:01, Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
> I am using dovecot and noticed that exim supports dovecot
> authencticator. However, when I tried to use it following the handbook,
> I got into all sorts of errrors.

What handbook? Do you mean the specification, chapter 37
(http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch37.html)?

> Could anyone share a dovecot authenticator example based on a mysql
> connection?

If you're using the dovecot authenticator, you're not using MySQL - as far as
Exim is concerned. You'd better ask the Dovecot mailing list about how to
configure Dovecot to query a MySQL database.

> Many thanks in advance!
>
> of course if need be I can quote the errors I get. Thank you!

Yes please! That's always a good idea! And relevant parts of your config as
well.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)