[exim] Problems forwarding mail to my gmail account.

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Timothy Cowlishaw
To: exim-users
題目: [exim] Problems forwarding mail to my gmail account.
Hi all,

Hi all,

After having a suspiciously quiet inbox all weekend, I began to
suspect that emails weren't getting through to my account properly.

I use the email address tim@??? - where the DNS MX
record for timcowlishaw.co.uk points to a debian box running exim at
marwood.timcowlishaw.co.uk. This server has an exim virtual host set
up for that domain that redirects all mail to timcowlishaw@???

------------------------
contents of /etc/exim4/virtual/timcowlishaw.co.uk:

* : timcowlishaw@???
------------------------

however, checking the logs for exim, all the emails to an
@timcowlishaw.co.uk address since yesterday sometime have been
bounced, with the following error logged:

-----------------------
extract from /var/log/exim4/mainlog:

2007-06-10 06:36:53 1HwX9M-0005WY-7T ** timcowlishaw@???
<root@???> R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from
remote mailer after RCPT TO:<timcowlishaw@???>: host
mxgate1.49pence.com [213.228.193.198]: 550 not local host gmail.com,
not a gateway
2007-06-10 06:36:53 1HwX9M-0005WY-7T timcowlishaw@???
<root@???>: error ignored
2007-06-10 06:36:53 1HwX9M-0005WY-7T Completed

[I also get a fair few of these liberally scattered around the logs:]

2007-06-10 07:06:24 1HwXOR-0005Xr-7X ** cc-community-
bounces@??? R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from
remote mailer after RCPT TO:<cc-community-bounces@???>:
host lists.ibiblio.org [152.46.7.119]: 504 <marwood>: Helo command
rejected: need fully-qualified hostname

This has only started happening in the last couple of days, and I have
changed nothing in my mail configuration over that period. I'm
wondering if gmail have tightened security on their SMTP servers, and
are no longer allowing mail to be forwarded in in this way. Does
anyone know if this is likely to be the problem, and in any case,
whether there is a better method for forwarding the emails from my
domain?

Cheers!

Tim