Re: [exim] Cannot send mails to @hotmail.com addresses

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Renaud Allard
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: mavior
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Cannot send mails to @hotmail.com addresses

mavior wrote:

> Googling around deeper, let me think that this issue is probably somehow
> related with the Reverse Dns to my domain name thing, which i have not.
> For my testing seems that only hotmail servers would make a reverse dns
> before accept the mail!
> Anyone could confirm?

In fact you should really have matching HELO, A and PTR records. Some
servers will even block mails if your PTR appears to be a generic one
like 123.213.222.123.adsl.provider.net because some spamassassin rules
will raise points quite a bit for those.

The big problem with hotmail is that they accept every mail and just
destroy the ones they think may be spams, so neither the sender, neither
the recipient is warned. This is one of the most unreliable webmails and
should be avoided.