Re: [exim] using aux acls -- why is control not passing corr…

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] using aux acls -- why is control not passing correctly?
Hello,

snowcrash+exim-users <schneecrash+exim-users@???> (So 10 Jun 2007 05:33:42 CEST):
> hi,
>
> i've Exim 'talking' to remote clamd/spamd daemons over TCP,
>
> av_scanner = clamd: 10.0.0.105 3310
> spamd_address = 10.0.0.105 783

Both do not resend the mail, they just evaluate, right?
The message is not modified using av_scanner and/or spamd.

> problem is, as config'd below, exim submits OK to CLAMD, but never
> submits again/subsequently to SPAMD.
>
> i suspect i may NOT be using 'endpass' correctly ...
>
> any suggestions as to why my submit to SPAMD never occurs?
>
> thanks!
>
> fyi, in my exim.conf, i've,
>
> addresslist no_virus_scan = no_virus@???
> addresslist no_spam_scan = no_spam@???
>

> and, in my DATA acl, i've
>
>   accept
>        !senders        = +no_virus_scan
>        endpass
>        acl             = aux_acl_virus

>   accept
>        !senders        = +no_spam_scan
>        endpass
>        acl             = aux_acl_spam

May be I'm wrong, but if a (clean and nice) message comes in from let's
say <pitti@???> it is accepted because the sender is not in the
no_virus_scan list and the aux_acl_virus acl accepts it. I do not see
any reason why the next acl rule should be asked.

Only if the message comes from +no_virus_scan it hits the next acl.

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -