Re: [exim] EHLO unavailable from remote host?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: John Burnham
Para: Exim Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [exim] EHLO unavailable from remote host?

> However, from remote I get this garbage:
> <- 220
> *************************************************0******200**2
> ******2**0*00
> -> EHLO localhost
> <** 500 unrecognized command
> -> HELO localhost
> <- 250 sinecure.cannonresearch.com Hello aether at
> vsat-148-63-8-131.c001.g4.mrt.starband.net [148.63.8.131]
> *** STARTTLS not supported
>
> Any ideas what I've done wrong here, or should I be going
> about enabling
> TLS with regular HELO (doesn't seem right)?

Ooh ! That looks like it's behind a Pix with the smtp_fixup turned on. It breaks
a lot of stuff. For a start, it doesn't support ehlo but only helo, so no
enhanced smtp commands are available - so you can't use STARTTLS. You could
contact the people at the remote site and ask them to consider turning off the
smtp fiuxup on the Pix.

Have a look at