[exim] EHLO unavailable from remote host?

Author: Mitchell Cannon
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] EHLO unavailable from remote host?
Hey I hope this is the right place for this question, I've been going
insane trying to get this figured out, my errors don't google well...

System:
Debian 4.0 "Etch"
exim4-daemon-heavy/spamd/clamav

Ok so im setting up SMTP/TLS on exim4 for the first time, I thought I had
all the configs in the bag, test on the server from localhost to localip
went fine (the server is behind a PIX that I don't manage, ergo the 192
addy). swaks output snippits:

<- 220 sinecure.cannonresearch.com ESMTP Exim 4.63 Sat, 09 Jun 2007
00:07:10 -0700
-> EHLO sinecure.cannonresearch.com
<- 250-sinecure.cannonresearch.com Hello sinecure.cannonresearch.com
[192.168.0.204]
<- 250-SIZE 52428800
<- 250-PIPELINING
<- 250-STARTTLS
<- 250 HELP

However, from remote I get this garbage:
<- 220
*************************************************0******200**2******2**0*00
-> EHLO localhost
<** 500 unrecognized command
-> HELO localhost
<- 250 sinecure.cannonresearch.com Hello aether at
vsat-148-63-8-131.c001.g4.mrt.starband.net [148.63.8.131]
*** STARTTLS not supported

Any ideas what I've done wrong here, or should I be going about enabling
TLS with regular HELO (doesn't seem right)?

Random Thought:
In days of old, when knights were bold,
    And rubbers weren't invented,
They tied their socks around their cocks
    And babies were prevented.