Re: [exim] forall - forany - map - filter

Author: Graeme Fowler
Subject: Re: [exim] forall - forany - map - filter
Marc

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 09:10 -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
> I'm looking at the docs on these features and I don't understand it.
> Has
> anyone done anything interesting with these features. I'd like to see
> some examples.

Every single message you receive from this mailing list has a bunch of
stuff in the signature about places you might want to look *before*
asking other people to do your work for you.

Before you jump and get offended, just think: you state that you've read
the docs and you don't understand them (principally in reply to Phil
Pennock's politely worded email from earlier today, I expect). Have you
also looked at:

1. The list archive?
http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/

Type "forany" into the search box. Click "Search". Open the first
result. Voila.

2. The wiki?
http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/

[OK, that's not got anything yet, but still]

3. http://www.exim-new-users.co.uk
[OK, also lacking, but anyway]

Hell, if you type "Exim forany" into google you'll find Phil's archived
post too.

The fact that Phil seems to be the only person who has posted any usage
makes it look like it's not yet in widespread usage - given that the
expansion operators only came along in 4.67, that's not entirely
surprising. Which gives you, self-certified genius [1], the chance to go
off and work something out for the rest of the list. Have fun - we look
forward to seeing what you come up with!

[1] http://www.perkel.com/nerd/genius.htm

Graeme