[exim] need help understanding exim routers

Author: Robert Cates
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] need help understanding exim routers
Hi,

I'm trying to configure my exim 4.54 server to handle a handful of virtual
domains. I thought I had it setup properly, but it doesn't seem to be
acting quite right. Would somebody please look over the router setup I have
to handle virtual domains (below), and point out anything that's nonsense or
could be causing me trouble. I'm not sure that the syntax is correct in the
data part:

vdomain_aliases:
driver = redirect
allow_defer
allow_fail
domains = dsearch;/etc/exim/virtual
data =
${expand:${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*@{/etc/exim/virtual/$domain}}}
retry_use_local_part
check_local_user
verify_sender
# pipe_transport = address_pipe
# file_transport = address_file
directory_transport = maildir_delivery
cannot_route_message = Unknown User
no_more

Also, please answer this question - Does exim always use the system_aliases:
and localuser: routers, regardless of any previously configured routers?
What I've noticed is that in the exim mainlog file, I only see R=localuser
and never R=vdomain_aliases or system_aliases for received mail, and I'm
talking about mail received for a virtual domain as well as my primary
domain.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Robert