Re: [exim] Applying Blacklists to EVERY IP in Reveived heade…

Author: Richard Clayton
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Applying Blacklists to EVERY IP in Reveived headers - working !!!!
In message <466823B2.8020500@???>, Marc Perkel <marc@???>
writes

>> You are definitely going to reject a truckload of ham, beginning with
>> end users being on blacklisted IPs and sending through their ISP smarthost.
>>

>I think you are right. How can we work around that?

By understanding the structure of the mail systems that send you email
and picking out the appropriate header for the appropriate system.

This doesn't scale well, but it is one way of dealing with a handful of
major systems where you don't want to penalise the many for the
activities of the few...

> Can we check all IP
>addresses EXCEPT the last one?

your system, your rules!

- --
richard                                              Richard Clayton

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.         Benjamin Franklin