[exim] Remote SMTP smart host

Author: Spencer Anderson
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Remote SMTP smart host
I'm having a problem getting remote relay working so that all email sent by
my web server is relayed through my email server. I seem to be able to get
smtp relay working for email sent from the command line, but when one of my
web pages (using PHP) attempts to send an email, it just disappears. I have
only found one guide (
http://typo.submonkey.net/articles/2005/09/09/use-gmail-as-a-smart-host)
that I used as a basis, but I am still missing something. Does anyone have
any ideas what might be missing in this guide that would allow emails
generated by my web server (running as wwwrun) to send emails with the
relay?