Re: [exim] Delays due to lookups of own hostname

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Peter Bowyer
Para: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Delays due to lookups of own hostname
On 05/06/07, Stefan Hornburg <racke@???> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Exim4 on a couple of Debian servers, both Etch and Sarge. On
> sending emails (at least locally) there is a delay caused by Exim trying
> to resolve its own hostname by DNS.
>
> How can I get rid of these unnecessary DNS queries ?

It's using your system resolver, which is correct behaviour - you
should either fix the DNS resolver (preferred), or patch round it by
preferring 'files' lookup in the resolver chain and defining the local
host name/IP in /etc/hosts or your local equivalent. Your system will
have a mechanism for this which may or may not be /etc/resolv.conf.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???