Re: [exim] giving end users the ability to see what mail was…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Magnus Holmgren
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] giving end users the ability to see what mail was rejected as spam
On Monday 04 June 2007 19:57, Jeanne wrote:
> On 5/31/07, Marc Sherman <msherman@???> wrote:
> > Jeanne wrote:
> > > Does anyone have any experience with this issue, of giving end users
> > > the ability to see what email was rejected as spam during the SMTP
> > > conversation using Exim ACL's?
> >
> > Take a look at control=fakereject.
>
> Thanks for the reply. If I understand it correctly, with fakereject, Exim
> accepts and delivers the message, but issues a (fake) reject message. I'm
> not at all clear on how that would help me with my issue of giving
> recipients a report of what messages, bound for them, were rejected by
> Exim. Also, we want to reject the spam, not deliver it. Could you please
> explain what fakereject can be used for?

For example: In addition to fakerejecting, set an ACL variable, then check
that variable in a special router that pipes the spam to some processing
script instead of delivering it to the user (consider using batching; see
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.66/doc/html/spec_html/ch25.html).

As an alternative there is the SA-Exim plugin, which can be configured to save
messages according to score for later processing.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)