Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 7.x fails compilation of patterns with o…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Viktor Griph
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE 7.x fails compilation of patterns with optional branches in branches
On Thu, 31 May 2007, Viktor Griph wrote:

> Patterns like /(.*(.)?)*/ will make pcre_match not terminate on a match.

When I tried this, it crashed - which is just as bad. :-(

> I've located the eerror to incorrect assumption that branch 1 might not be
> empty. The attached patch against v7.1 should fix the problem.

Thank you. I do so like it when a bug report comes with a fix attached.
I have committed a slightly modified version of your patch to the SVN.
It will therefore be in the next release.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.