Re: [exim] Spool file not found

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spool file not found
On 2007-06-04 at 08:48 +0100, Andy Millar wrote:
> I have a fairly boring setup using Exim and MailScanner. MailScanner
> gets email from /var/spool/exim4_incoming and puts it into
> /var/spool/exim4 for delivery.

This falls into the category of "relevant information it would have been
good to see in the first post". ;^)

> Could MailScanner be causing the fun?

Exim noting that a file it expected to be present isn't, whilst another
program is tinkering inside Exim's spools? Yes.

Looking at the source for MailScanner 4.60.8-1, I see that it's working
hard to do the right thing for Exim, but it looks like figuring this out
whilst being multi-MTA was (understandably) a painful process (oh, look,
fcntl locking portability issues with Perl on FreeBSD -- I remember that
frustration). You don't say what version of MailScanner you're using.

I think that you're probably better off asking in a MailScanner support
forum, stating the version you're using.

-Phil