Re: [exim] How to debug callouts not being done?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] How to debug callouts not being done?
On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 14:13:31 -0700, Phil Pennock
<exim-users@???> wrote:
>On 2007-06-03 at 09:14 +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
>> on my secondary MX, I have configured my exim to to recipient callouts
>> für *@zugschlus.de. However, it sometimes refrains from doing them:
>
>nb: the mail was sent as Latin-1 but the für indicates that you're using
>UTF-8; unless Mailman is badly normalising, I suspect an issue at your
>end.

Yes, a known issue. I have prematurely switched my primary mail host
to UTF-8 which Debian sarge does not properly handle. I guess I need
to update to etch some time soon, but there is no time to properly
prepare the update.

>> So, the question remains why the secondary MX called out for five
>> addreses, but not for the final two. Any ideas how to debug this?
>
>$ exim -d+acl -bhc 218.234.255.2
>and speak SMTP.

I have tried this with no tangible result.

>Are these callout checks something that you've recently added and only
>recently gotten the target system to properly reject? Eg, if you added
>the callout checks to an Exchange server, then discovered that you
>needed to configure Exchange to reject unknown left-hand-sides, then any
>addresses probed before you changed Exchange would be cached as valid.

That could be possible. Can I get exim to log callout results?

Greetings
Marc