著者: Phil Pennock
To: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] How to debug callouts not being done?
On 2007-06-03 at 09:14 +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> on my secondary MX, I have configured my exim to to recipient callouts
> für *@zugschlus.de. However, it sometimes refrains from doing them:

nb: the mail was sent as Latin-1 but the für indicates that you're using
UTF-8; unless Mailman is badly normalising, I suspect an issue at your
end.

> So, the question remains why the secondary MX called out for five
> addreses, but not for the final two. Any ideas how to debug this?

$ exim -d+acl -bhc 218.234.255.2
and speak SMTP.

Are these callout checks something that you've recently added and only
recently gotten the target system to properly reject? Eg, if you added
the callout checks to an Exchange server, then discovered that you
needed to configure Exchange to reject unknown left-hand-sides, then any
addresses probed before you changed Exchange would be cached as valid.

callout_positive_expire defaults to 24h so these cached false positives
would clear out quickly. See §40.36 of the spec for more details. You
can safely just rm the callout cache db to clear the caches (if callout
caching is the same as every other DB cache in Exim; I've never used
it).

-Phil