[exim] Exim spool recovery

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Brian Friday
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] Exim spool recovery
Hi all,

After a hardware failure I find our system had a number of in process
messages that I rescued from the /var/spool/exim/input directory from
a server and hardware which has ceased to function.

What I am left with now is the quandry of how to take these rescued
messages and push them back into exim or have exim pick them up and
deliver them. A run of "mailq" returns the "spool file error" with
the size of the message.

Is there a method by which I can point exim or an exim utility to
these files -D/-H and have it recover and send these queue'd messages
out?

Searches on google and within the mailing list have led me problems
based on the use of mail scanner. Which I do not use. This is a
straight recover of 4.63 exim files which were copied to a new system
in total (all of /var/spool/exim copied) running 4.67 of exim.

Many thanks for any assistance

Brian