Re: [exim] Fw: Reject Specific users...

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Magnus Holmgren
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Fw: Reject Specific users...
On Friday 01 June 2007 17:24, Dan_Mitton@??? wrote:
> Between you and Magnus, I think I'm almost there. Just trying to figure
> out why 'data = :fail:' is not working in the redirect router.
>
> Your last line said, 'Make sure you're only doing this in the context of
> your submission client, not facing the world.'. I'm not sure that I
> understand. I think I do want this facing the world. Why should it not??

It's called "collateral spam". Picture this: Spammer sends spam with a forged
sender address and a bad recipient address. Your server accepts it and says
goodby, then tries to deliver it, finds that routing fails, and sends a
bounce to the forged sender address. If others do the same, that poor guy
whose address was abused then drowns in bounces.

You still haven't quite explained what you *really* want, but the problem
seems to be that some MUA becomes confused when one of several recipients is
rejected and what you really need is to accept all mail from local users. Why
do you want to reject recipients listed in a file called valid.users?
Shouldn't that be invalid.users?

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)