[exim] Is smtp_accept_max_per_connection an expansion item?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Graeme Fowler
A: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] Is smtp_accept_max_per_connection an expansion item?
Dumb question ahoy!

I've just taken over the ownership of a fairly busy mailman-driven list
and am trying to optimise the delivery timings.

In order to reduce delivery delays of list postings, I have set mailman
to batch postings in groups of 25. Due to the size of the list, when a
list post arrives, mailman generates a *lot* of batched deliveries for
Exim to process, and I then start seeing this in the Exim logs:

2007-06-01 11:05:29 1Hu40e-0005qM-LK no immediate delivery: more than 10
messages received in one connection

Clearly this then delays commencement of delivery until the next queue
runner comes along (OK, only 5 minutes at max).

I can set smtp_accept_max_per_connection globally to be (for example)
100, but I don't want hosts out on t'internet being able to flood my
machine - only localhost.

I've tried:

smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = \
     ${if match_ip {$interface_address}{:127.0.0.1}{100}{10}}

...but I then get another error:

"integer expected for smtp_accept_queue_per_connection"

That implies to me that I can't set that as an expansion item, which
makes some sense since it's a global option - however other, related,
options are set globally but only parsed per connection/message/RCPT
etc.

Running through -be to test it gives me what I want.

Am I being dumb, or is this expected behaviour?

Graeme