Re: [exim] why "no_verify" on userforward router?

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] why "no_verify" on userforward router?
On Friday 01 June 2007 09:38, Marc Haber wrote:

> may I ask why the userforward router in the exim default configure
> file has the "no_verify" option set? Ths prevents the use of ":fail:"
> in a ~/.forward file (at least it causes accept-and-bounce behavior),
> and I do not see any advantage here.

Weren't you satisfied with Andreas's answer on
pkg-exim4-users? "In verifying mode exim runs as exim_user and therefore
cannot read ~/.forward if the file and directory permissions disallow it for
unprivileged users." In the case of filters there are additional implications.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)