Re: [exim] Reject Specific users...

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Dan_Mitton
Para: Magnus Holmgren
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Reject Specific users...
Ok, it seemed like that the 550 was the correct response. How do I have
Exim "accept" the message and generate a bounce??

Sent by:        exim-users-bounces@???
To:     exim-users@???
cc:      (bcc: Dan Mitton/YD/RWDOE)
Subject:        Re: [exim] Reject Specific users...
LSN: Not Relevant
User Filed as: Not a Record

On Thursday 31 May 2007 20:26, Dan_Mitton@??? wrote:
> I want to be able to reject/remove specific RCPT address based on some
> rules. I have the rules written and working, but I've tried

implementing
> this in the acl_smtp_rcpt acl and it's not working as I expected. From
> within the acl, I do a DENY for addresses I wish to reject. This seems

> generate a 550 error which kills the message.

It is correct to return a 550 code in response to invalid or otherwise
unaccepted recipients. However, some broken mailers incorrectly give up
the
message completely. If you say 550 to an MUA, then what happens or should
happen isn't quite as obvious. Traditionally, mail coming from users has
been
accepted and a bounce message generated if there is a problem. Some have
argued that many users won't understand what a bounce message means, and
that
they are more likely to realise that sending failed if they get an error
message immediately, in a message box. But when sending to multiple
recipients at remote domains, verifying the addresses before accepting
them
can take rather long time, and if only some fail I guess the user can be
really confused...

I'm not sure if this answers your question...

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)