Re: [exim] Spool file not found

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Andy Millar
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spool file not found
On 2007-05-31 at 07:47 +0100, Andy Millar wrote:
> In addition to the above lines in exim's mainlog, I also get the
> following in the paniclog:
>
> 2007-05-29 20:32:35 1Ht7Qe-0006jz-VS failed to unlink
> /var/spool/exim4_incoming/msglog/1Ht7Qe-0006jz-VS
>
> I appear to be using exim version 4.63-17 from apt on Debian etch.
>
> Please let me know if you have any ideas.

"ls -la /var/spool/exim4_incoming"

Do you have queue-runners running from cron instead of started from the
daemon as children? Are they using an Exim config which lets them run
as the same userid that Exim used at message submission time?

I suspect that you've ended up with two slightly different
configurations of Exim being used, running as different users.

-Phil