[exim] giving end users the ability to see what mail was rej…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Jeanne
To: exim-users
Oggetto: [exim] giving end users the ability to see what mail was rejected as spam
Hello list,

I have used Exim ACL's to fight spam with much success in the past and I am
would like to present my new employer with a similar architecture for our
mail redesign. They are used to taking in mail, passing it to SpamAssassin,
tagging it as spam, and delivering it with SPAM in the subject line.
Generally they like the idea of using Exim to drop messages with bad helos
or that fail sender callout, for example, but the one major requirement that
I'm stuck on is providing intended recipients with a report of what email
was rejected as spam. They like the appliances that allow users to log in
and view the history of any email sent to them. This is an absolute
requirement.

I know it's possible to do lots of cool stuff in Exim, like maybe flag an
email that fails a check and then pass it to some content analyzer that does
have some GUI, and let it reject the email as spam. Or, produce hourly
reports using exigrep. However, I need to keep the design fairly
straightforward if I'm going to win over management as well as fellow sys
admins.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue, of giving end users the
ability to see what email was rejected as spam during the SMTP conversation
using Exim ACL's?

Thanks,

Jeanne