Re: [exim] Forcing exim server to close connection with clie…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Matthew Newton
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Avi Brender
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Forcing exim server to close connection with client
Hi,

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 05:48:39PM -0400, Avi Brender wrote:
>     I appreciate the information. It's not my will to break any RFCs,
> but spammers have forced us all to take extreme measures to conserve
> bandwidth, resources and our own sanity.

You are quite likely to find out that things are worse dropping
the connection or giving a 5xx after connect or MAIL - a lot of
broken servers out there don't understand and will keep retrying
immediately.

The best thing is to 5xx after each RCPT TO from what I can tell.

HTH,

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton <mcn4@???>

Network Support and UNIX Systems Administrator, Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <cchelp@???>