[exim] Change to $sender_host_name between exim 4.62 and 4.6…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alun
A: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] Change to $sender_host_name between exim 4.62 and 4.67?
Hi all,

On 22nd May we upgraded our mail servers to exim 4.67. Since then we've
been having problems with mail from wales.ac.uk. Mail from them
originates from 194.80.131.5 which has multiple reverse DNS records.

One of my ACLs whitelists all servers having $sender_host_name end with
".ac.uk" so that spam scanning isn't performed. This check no longer
works, on 194.80.131.5 so mail coming from there is getting the full
anti-spam checking. wales.ac.uk has a bunch of addresses that are pure
forwarding addresses to aber.ac.uk, and the administrator of the domain
is complaining about the rejections that are now happening as a result.

I've not yet hacked my ACLs to log precisely what is now in
$sender_host_name...

Obviously I can whitelist the specific IP (and others, as they come
along), but I thought I'd just raise this here - I can't see anything
in the ChangeLog that specifically mentions the change. Was this
intentional or a bug?

Cheers,
Alun.

--
Alun Jones                       auj@???
Systems Support,                 (01970) 62 2494