[exim] trouble with moderately complex setup

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Josh Brown
A: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] trouble with moderately complex setup
Hello all,

I have two email servers for two different domains running on two different
IP addresses. I had configured eacn of these two servers independently to
use exim for sending and recieving email through a smart host. Everything
was working great until my IPS decided that I could only have 1 IP address.
Now I have both computers hooked up to a single router and they must share
an IP address and I can't get email to work on one of the domains, any help
would be very much appreciated.

both machines are running exim4 and they are both functioning as web servers
(domain1 acts as a proxy web server to domain2 - which is essentially what I
need to do for email, just don't know how to do it :).

What I've done so far is set up domain1 to be sent all smtp traffic from my
router and reconfigured exim and everything works great, domain1 can send
and recieve messages. domain2 is still set up exactly the same way it was
before so so it can send messages still which is expected, however it cannot
recieve messages. All messages addressed to domain2 are sent to domain1. I
started reading up on how I might configure domain1 to forward all mail
addressed to *.domain2 to the actual domain2 server. I tried to set up a
hubbed host before all other routers like this:

hubbed_host:
driver = manualroute
route_list = *.domain2.org 192.168.1.106
transport = remote_smtp

and that didn't seem to work quite right. In my log files I get a "No route
to host" message and a "defer (113): no route to host" message. I'm still
learning exim so I wasn't sure what that error is indicating but I'm
guessing that it's telling me that it doesn't understand how to send a
message to an IP address. I thought I saw some notes on the FAQ about
forwarding messages to IP addresses and there's a flag that enables it, but
I can't seem to find that post now so maybe I'm just delussional.

Since that didn't work I tried setting up a redirect router like this:

forward:
driver = redirect
domains = domain2.org
data = ${quote:$local_part}@192.168.1.106

But that resulted in the same error messages (which again leads me to
believe I need to enable sending to an IP address).

I didn't see anything exactly like my situation in the FAQ or mailing list
archives and I've only done very simple, straight forward exim setups in the
past and didn't really have to change too much so I'm definitely in new
water here so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Josh