Re: [exim] help me close an open relay

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: Zbigniew Szalbot
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] help me close an open relay

On 29 May 2007, at 11:40, Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
> I am using exim 4.67 with mysql support enabled (vexim). Everything is
> well but I must have made a mistake at some point and my exim can
> be used
> as an open relay.

[... snip ...]

> Can you suggest from your experience where to start
> troubleshooting? Is
> this the case of a mistake in a router?
>
> All other checks went fine - no relaying but with an empty envelope
> sender
> yes it is possible.

Its really hard to diagnose this correctly from outside. However I
would suggest you look at the ACL on rcpt - whatever acl_smtp_rcpt is
set to - which is most likely to make sure you are not special casing
the null sender (ie sender = )

Try using exim -bh <ip> (and an SMTP conversation), probably with
debug switched on (ie -dacl or -d all) to see whats happening in this
case.

    Nigel.