Re: [exim] Blocking mails from outside to local aliases...

Autor: Johann Spies
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Blocking mails from outside to local aliases...
On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 10:02:28AM +0530, Biju Abraham N. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using a Debian Etch release with Exim4 4.50. We are getting mails on
> SMTP and to some locally defined mail aliases in /etc/mail/alias files. Is
> it possible to block external mails to these aliases or could some show
> which documentation to read up on this?

Just redirect the mail to an administrative user on the system using the
same /etc/aliases file.

Here is an example from one of our mail servers:

# Mail manager aliases
mailer-daemon:  postmaster@???
postmaster:     postmaster@???
# Other miscellaneous system aliases
sysop:          sysadm@???
ftp:            ftpadm@ftp.sun.ac.za
news:           sysadm@???
mail:           postmaster@???
info:           help@???
hostmaster:     sysadm@???

On Debian you can use /etc/email-addresses to rewrite the From-adresses
to valid ones.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example
      of the believers, in word, in conversation, in
      charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity."
                                       I Timothy 4:12