Re: [exim] Accuracy of the DontObfuscate wiki page (was Re:M…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Sherman
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Accuracy of the DontObfuscate wiki page (was Re:Manualroute)
Ian Eiloart wrote:

> I say keep it as it is, but add an explanation: If you're asking a
> question, it's presumably because you don't know how to answer it. If you
> don't know how to answer it, you don't know whether the details that you're
> obfuscating are relevant to answering the question. Sometimes, questions
> can't be answered because relevant information is obfuscated.
>
> Also, there's a middle way. Replace the quantifiers with vague quantifiers
> such as "some", instead of trying to measure the amount.

Just to clarify, in the hopes of discouraging people from replying to
Ian and starting another heated discussion; the question at hand is
_not_ "obfuscation: is it really bad?" We're voting on the
meta-question: "do 'many' members of the exim list refuse to answer
questions with obfuscated details?"

- Marc