Re: [exim] Mail API

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Mail API
Rajika Kumarasiri <rajikacc@???> (Do 24 Mai 2007 04:04:44 CEST):
> hi every body,
> I am developing the Mail Transport support for an application. So I
> thought of using the exim C mail API as the mail API for the
> application. Is anybody know where I can get the documentation for
> using the SMTP/POP3 API of exim and can I use this protocols a
> separate standalone libraries in exim.

I'm not sure if such API exists. I'd just rely on the protocols. (Beside
this: there's nothing in Exim related to POP3).

Let you application talk SMTP to "some" SMTP-Server (e.g. Exim) and POP3
to "some" POP3-Server. Instead of talking SMTP you might use the
classic Unix way: call "sendmail" and pipe your data.

Thus you've maximum flexibility.

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -