Re: [exim] Manual route

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeroen van Aart
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Manual route
Marc Sherman wrote:

> http://exim.org/exim-html-4.67/doc/html/spec_html/ch20.html

I read this before, but it didn't seem to provide a solution.

> http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/DontObfuscate

I am sorry for not describing my exact problem. The problem is that exim
does a dns lookup for smtp1.mydomain.org and finds an internal ip
address, to which access is not allowed. Bind has been configured to
receive a zone for this domain (which connects to our network through a
vpn connection), acting as a slave. The smtp server also has an external
ip address, which exim should use instead.

Mike Cardwell wrote:
> I don't think this is possible within Exim it's self. You're probably
> best off just sticking it in your hosts file. Eg /etc/hosts:
>
> 222.333.444.555 smtp1.mydomain.org

I tried this some time ago, but apparently exim would still find the
internal ip as opposed to the one set in /etc/hosts. I was thinking
telling exim to use "gethostbyname()" would solve this, but I may be
wrong and it could break other things.

Thank you,
Jeroen