[exim] Email Journaling with Exim 4.x

Author: Justin Brown
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Email Journaling with Exim 4.x
We are using exim to manage the email for a domain with several hundred
users. The owners of this domain require that all email be archived for
legal purposes. We currently have an entry in /etc/antivirus.exim which
forwards all the email to a third-party archiving service. This has worked
well and the emails are being forwarded properly, however this approach
causes multiple messages to be sent to the service when an email is sent to
multiple addresses at the domain in question. What is the best way to
journal all incoming and outgoing email to this domain without generating
multiple copies of the same message when multiple addresses are specified in
the to, cc or bcc fields?
    The entry I currently have in /etc/antivirus.exim is as follows:

    unseen deliver "user@???"

    Thank you in advance for your help.

-- Justin Brown
eSolutions