Re: [exim] What would you tell the CIO in an "ABCs of Email"…

Author: Martin A. Brooks
To: Esther Schindler
CC: exim-users, Paul Walsh
Subject: Re: [exim] What would you tell the CIO in an "ABCs of Email"overview?
Esther Schindler wrote:
> Hmm, not quite an ABC issue. The Disclaimer item might be worth an
> article of its own, though!

I'm not a lawyer, but I used to work for one.

The issue of an disclaimer was hotly debated over several meetings.
(This was at a point in time where having an Internet connection at your
place of work was the exception, not the norm). The gut feeling at the
time was that the presence of a disclaimer would be of unknown value,
however the absence of same left room for doubt as to what measures
could be taken should someone make inappropriate use of material they
came into contact with by accident.

The basic premise of all disclaimers implies mind-reading abilities on
the part of the recipient, however paranoia and apathy won the day and
we gained one of the most hideous disclaimers I've ever clapped eyes on.

--

 Martin A. Brooks | http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
    Consultant    | e: martin@???   | filtering. Inoculate