[exim] Exim 4.67 - how to force usage of a specific authenti…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Juergen Edner
To: exim-users
題目: [exim] Exim 4.67 - how to force usage of a specific authenticator when acting as a client
Hello,
I'm successfully using Exim for years now and I've also
properly configured Exim to authenticate itself as a
client when connecting to a remote SMTP server.
But now I want to improve the way how Exim selects the
authentication mechanism at transport time.

As far as I understood from the documentation Exim selects
the authentication mechanism based on which are advertised
by the remote server and in which order the client authenticators
have been defined in the configuration file.
Additionally the parameters 'hosts_require_auth' and 'hosts_try_auth'
are influencing how the result of an authentication attempt is
interpreted.

Now I wonder if it is possible to force usage of a specific
authenticator, e.g. CRAM-MD5, when connecting to a specific
remote SMTP server and to stop transmitting a message if
authentication fails (this can be done by using hosts_require_auth).
Although it's possible to configure nearly everything I haven't
found a final solution in the Exim documentation yet.

Has anyone else an idea how to setup the desired behaviour?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Jürgen
--