Re: [exim] Can't close open relay.

Author: Marco Wessel
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Can't close open relay.

On May 17, 2007, at 4:46 PM, Elias Kesh wrote:

> With out overstaying my welcome here. I have one more question.
> Since I now
> have stopped the open relay issue, it turns out that I can no
> longer send
> mail through my server. Is there an easy config change for this to
> allow me
> to use name/password authentication for sending mail ?

Yes. Add the folliwing bit to the rcpt acl at some point before the
final deny. You'll probably want to paste it just before the 'require
verify = sender' bit. I assume you also already have authenticators
in place. The ACL I gave before you doesn't have this bit because I
copied it from a box that only relays.

   accept  authenticated = *
           control       = submission/sender_retain