Re: [exim] Consider local_domains only if DNS matches

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Consider local_domains only if DNS matches
On 5/13/07 9:45 AM, "Peter Thomassen" <info@???> wrote:

> I'm driving a small web hosting company. We usually set up our customers'
> mailboxes before their domains are transferred to us so that there doesn't
> arise a failure of mail between the transfer and the mail setup.
>
> Unfortunately, if I send an e-mail to a customer in this situation (mail set
> up, domains not yet transferred), Exim delivers the message to the mailbox
> set up on our machine, yet the customer can only receive it after the
> transfer is done.

Our volume of inward domain transfers is low enough that I didn't design an
automated fix. I have a (normally-commented-out) router in the Exim
instance which receives mail from our customers. When we have a domain in
the state you mention, I uncomment the router and put the domain in the
domains line in the router, and the router sends the message on to the MX.

I like Phil P's solution, and have saved it for consideration.

--John